What happens if somebody in our group tests positive during the trip?
Your Adventure Guide, with assistance from our Operations Team, will help facilitate isolation from the group and help plan for your exiting from the trip, unless based on remaining days of the trip and logistics, you can rejoin later.
We encourage all guests to wear a mask inside vehicles and indoor spaces where distancing is not possible.
1. Contact Your Insurance Company
Most insurance providers have a Travel Desk that will help with quarantine arrangements, and simultaneously initiate your claim. This is the best place to start.
Arch RoamRight Policy Holders: If you require emergency assistance while traveling, call the On Call International Operations Center at:
- Toll Free in the US – 855-286-8348
- Outside the US – 443-279-7335
TripMate Policy Holders: Refer to plan number F485S
- Generali Global Assistance (calling worldwide) 1-954-308-3925
- Claims Customer Service: 1-833-297-2255
2. Coordinate Lodging
- Based on regional requirements and availability, you may be able to stay at your current hotel or need to be moved to a different hotel. Your Adventure Guide will help you navigate through this decision.
- Any costs associated with positive COVID-19 test results are your responsibility. Travel insurance may cover costs (up to plan limits) associated with quarantining and changed travel arrangements. Please contact your travel insurance provider for assistance with travel arrangements.
- Your travel companion or roommate sharing a room with you may also need to exit the trip.
- Travel partners may be able to stay on the trip if they can:
- Be in separate accommodation from you (the positive guest)
- They have NO symptoms or have symptoms but test negative.
- Your current hotel will be informed that you have tested positive and they will help with guidance on whether you can stay for your quarantine or need to be moved to another lodging.
3. Informing Your Fellow Guests
We’ll keep your fellow guests informed and let them know that:
- A member of your group has tested positive for COVID. We are following CDC guidance and/or local protocols, and strict internal protocols. They are currently isolated and will exit the trip per CDC guidance and/or local protocols.
- We’re working with our internal COVID response team to ensure we can continue to move forward with the trip safely and smoothly.
- If you’ve been in close contact with this person we recommend you get tested.
If anyone else in the group exhibits symptoms, they will be asked to separate from others and test immediately.
Our Commitment to You
We feel confident in our next steps and protocols, but please don’t hesitate to speak to your Adventure Guide in private if you have any concerns.
We look forwarding to continuing our trip and being as safe as possible and doing everything we can to minimize risks.
Ask an Expert
We want you to have the best adventure, so don’t hesitate to call our expert team of adventure specialists at 800-974-0300 to learn more. Or click the button to use our online contact form.