MT Sobek, the leader in adventure travel for close to 50 years, offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences to more than 100 destinations worldwide, specializing in trekking, hiking, rafting, kayaking, wildlife, natural history and safaris. We explore the world in imaginative ways and our journeys range from high-horizon treks to walking safaris, from quick escapes to month-long expeditions. MT Sobek has a reputation for excellence, a deep commitment to environmental preservation and a never-ending passion for showcasing the marvels of the world.
We are looking for a sales specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have (1) sales experience in the travel industry, (2) excellent people skills, and (3) an enthusiastic personality to help showcase MT Sobek’s adventures!
The company is located in the San Francisco Bay Area, in Emeryville.
Primary responsibility is to promote and sell adventures to our clients.
- The promotion and sales of MT Sobek’s destinations and adventures, primarily adventures in Asia, the Middle East and the Polar and Pacific regions.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals to determine the best trip fit for our travelers.
- Booking and entering reservations.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships through outbound reach out.
- Learn our destinations and trip itineraries, taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers.
Ideal Attributes and Skills
- STRONG geographical knowledge as well as strong knowledge of trekking and adventure travel.
- Ideally experience selling Asia and Middle East product/adventures. Experience selling Polar and Pacific product/adventures also useful.
- Ideally 2+ years of proven successful travel sales experience.
- Proven track record to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- High level of initiative.
- Superb sense of detail.
- Can work effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Organizational and computer skills.
- Value and embody integrity, teamwork and sense of ownership.
MT Sobek pays a competitive wage and incentive program. Excellent employee benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance and 401K. Hours are typically M-F from 8am to 5pm.