Mountain Travel Sobek
Asia Regional Sales Specialist
Use your enthusiastic personality and people skills to showcase Mountain Travel Sobek Adventures! Due to recent growth and new partnerships we are looking for Regional Sales Specialists with significant experience in sales and the travel industry. Responsibilities include: The promotion and sales of Mountain Travel Sobek destinations. Follow up on new leads and referrals to determine the best trip fit for our travelers. Booking and entering reservations. Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships. Learn our destinations and trip itineraries, taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Enthusiasm for working for Mountain Travel Sobek and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors
• Must have 3+ years of proven successful travel sales experience
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
• High level of initiative
• Superb sense of detail
• Can work effectively in a fast paced work environment
• Organizational and computer skills
• Value and embody integrity, teamwork and sense of ownership
• Domestic and international travel experience
• Ability to work at a computer desk for a typical 8 hour day
MTS pays a competitive wage and incentive program. Excellent employee benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance and 401K.
Mountain Travel Sobek
Mountain Travel Sobek is the world’s leading adventure and experiential travel designer. We create award winning trips in the farthest corners of the world. We are the adventure travel partner for National Geographic Adventures and for the New York Times, and private clients range from discriminating global explorers and Hollywood A-listers to multi-generational families. Mountain Travel was founded in 1969 to promote the exploration, enjoyment and protection of the world’s mountain wilderness areas by enabling travelers to experience them for themselves. We led the FIRST commercial trek to Nepal’s Himalaya in 1969, quickly followed by the FIRST sailing cruise to the Galápagos Islands in 1970 and many other "firsts" in the years to come. Today, we remain the leaders in thoughtful, small footprint, sustainable experiential travel, using our 45 years of experience and expertise to offer more than 200 adventure in destinations worldwide!
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for MTS along with your resume and salary requirements to MTSJobs@mtsobek.com with “Regional Sales Representative” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.