The health of our guests, Adventure Guides and local communities is of paramount importance to us.
For trips departing before November 1, 2021 we:
- Require non-vaccinated guests to get tested within 72 hours prior to travelling with us on any trip, regardless of regional entry requirements. You can find the testing site closest to you here.
- Recommend very strongly that all guests who are eligible get vaccinated before traveling regardless of regional entry requirements. See here for CDC vaccine guidance.
- At the start of your trip, your Adventure Guide will ask to see your negative PCR test result or proof of full vaccination. If you are presenting a test result, the proof should include your name, indicate the test type (must be PCR), the date of the test, and the result. It can be a printed or digital copy. If you have recovered from COVID-19 within 90 days of your departure, you can bring documentation of recovery from your physician that meets the CDC guidelines, rather than a negative test result or proof of full vaccination.
For trips departing November 1, 2021 onwards we are:
- Requiring all guests be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For guest under 12 years old, get tested within 72 hours prior to travelling with us on any trip, regardless of regional entry requirements. You can find the testing site closest to you here.
- For guests 12 and over, please upload your vaccination record into your guest portal. For guests under 12 years old, please upload your negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of trip start. The proof should include your name, indicate the test type (must be PCR), the date of the test, and the result.
For the safety of our guests, guides, and the residents of the places we visit, if you cannot provide any of these documents, you will not be allowed to participate.
Browse a list of places you can travel now with MT Sobek.
Preparing for your Adventure
From the very onset of planning your adventure, we want to ensure you feel you have a good understanding of all aspects of your upcoming trip, including health and safety protocols we’ve implemented.
We review the sanitation protocols of each of our accommodations and work only with those accommodations who abide by enhanced sanitation and distancing standards.
We follow the required sanitation protocols put into place by local government agencies, including restrictions on the number of guests per vehicle. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available on transfer vehicles. Masks will be worn when there is a group transfer or shuttle. We clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in common areas daily, including vehicle seats, door handles, and steering wheels.
At the start of your trip, your Adventure Guide will ask to see your negative PCR test result or proof of full vaccination and conduct a temperature check. If you are presenting a test result, the proof should include your name, indicate the test type (must be PCR), the date of the test, and the result. It can be a printed or digital copy. If you have recovered from COVID-19, you can bring documentation of recovery from your physician that meets the CDC guidelines, rather than a negative test result or proof of full vaccination. At our welcome orientation, we will provide the space to answer questions, address health and safety on the trip, and enjoy getting to know each other.
Part of the joy of traveling in small groups is the camaraderie shared in group settings. While this will still remain a key part of the trip, it may look a bit different. Guests and guides will be expected to wear masks when distancing is not possible, and we’ll minimize passing any material such as food, documents, or trekking poles. And we’ll seek more space within the group as well as in the places we visit. MT Sobek has always been known for our exceptional local guides who take you where others don’t. And yes, high-fives after a summit will be allowed—they’ll now be “air-fives”!
Our guides are all trained in First Aid, CPR and other safety protocols and have a procedure to follow in case of any health issues. They are also trained under the new health standards we have adopted. They will wear face coverings whenever necessary and in accordance with local guidelines. Guides will either be fully vaccinated or have a negative PCR test before trip start.
Our guides have extensive knowledge of the region as many of them are native to the area you are visiting. They are well versed in local customs, know the best times to visit iconic locations to avoid crowds, and are able to identify local clinics to take you if you’re feeling ill or showing any concerning symptoms. They are excellent communicators and have access to our office team 24/7 to help manage any logistics needed to alter or enhance your trip.
Food Preparation & Handling
All meals will be individually distributed to each guest. Until further notice, we will not offer self-serve buffet-style meals. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available at meals. Our guides will wash hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after food preparation or distribution. We will not share snacks (e.g. trail mix from one bag, shared chocolate bar, etc.), and will instead provide individual snack options for each guest.
Tents, backpacks, sleeping pads, trekking poles and any gear for individual use will be labelled and assigned for the duration of the trip. At the conclusion of the trip, any personal equipment will be sprayed with sanitizer and let dry in direct sunlight before returning to the tent bag. Guests will be required to bring their own sleeping bag liners if not using their own sleeping bag. Sleeping bags will be washed and dried in a commercial dryer using the hot setting. Water filters will be sanitized before and after use. Food will be prepared and served by one or two guides and others will avoid the kitchen area. Guides will wash their hands and put on face coverings prior to meal prep. Meal preparation will occur in an open-air area rather than a shelter when possible. Meals will not be served in a self-serve buffet-style offering. All dishes and utensils will be cleaned with boiling water each evening.
Our Commitment to You
MT Sobek’s response to COVID-19 is subject to change in accordance with the recommendations and requirements of the CDC, U.S. and international government agencies. We frequently update resources like our Re-openings and Requirements page but please contact your Adventure Coordinator or visit the CDC or US Embassy pages for the most current information.
For over 50 years, MT Sobek has believed in small group adventures. We keep our groups small–averaging 10 people or less–so that you can benefit from the individual care and attention of our guide team, and be allowed more space to move about. We’ll enforce a lower cap on our group size where necessary to accommodate spacing in vehicles or on boats to allow for social distancing.
Prefer to travel only with your pod? No problem. Our travel experts create custom-tailored private adventures in North America and internationally. Perfect for families, couples, and friend groups, MT Sobek’s custom and private adventures are designed and operated to our highest standards—you’ll be in the best hands with the very best adventure guides on the planet. Let’s get started!
We Are Ready to Travel When You Are
Rest assured, the safety of our travelers has always been of paramount concern to all of us at MT Sobek. We are committed to looking out for you, and for our guides, while traveling responsibly within the amazing places we visit. We will not hesitate to postpone departures if there are insurmountable obstacles to maintaining these health and safety protocols. Your well-being is our top priority.
Browse a list of places you can travel now with MT Sobek.
Frequently Asked Questions
Backed by over 50 years of exploring the world’s most remarkable destinations, MT Sobek has the expertise to help you from the moment you book your trip, to the moment you return. For requests submitted on or after September 1, 2020, the following applies:
What happens if I want to cancel my 2021 trip with MT Sobek?
In order to give you peace of mind during these trying times, we have worked diligently with our ground teams around the world to offer an even more flexible cancellation policy. For new sign-ups, we are now offering a 100% refund up until 60 days before departure*.
What happens if MT Sobek postpones my trip because of COVID-19 travel restrictions?
If we need to postpone a trip because of COVID-19 travel restrictions, your Adventure Coordinator will contact you with more information specific to your trip. You can choose between the following options*:
- Transfer to a future departure.
- 100% credit to use towards a future trip departing on or before December 31, 2022, less any penalties by hotels or local service providers that we are unable to recoup.
- A full refund of your trip costs, less any penalties by accommodation providers (hotels, inns, rifugios) or local service providers that we are unable to recoup. We will endeavor to recover and refund as much money as possible in good faith in light of these circumstances.
What happens if I’ve transferred with a Future Travel Credit onto a 2021 trip with MT Sobek?
If MT Sobek postpones your departure because of COVID-19 travel restrictions you can choose between the following options*:
- Transfer to a future departure.
- 100% credit to use towards a future trip departing on or before December 31, 2022, less any penalties by hotels or local service providers that we are unable to recoup.*
If you cancel your trip with MT Sobek:
- You can cancel your trip up to 60 days before departure and transfer 100% of your travel credit to a Future Travel Credit*, these credits must be used by December 31, 2022.
For more details regarding MT Sobek booking policies, visit our our Terms & Conditions.
*Please note that certain trips including Special Departures, Private Trips, Custom Trips, boat-based journeys, and trips with permits booked in advance may have a different policy. Please reach out to your Adventure Coordinator for details. Some Future Travel Credits are tied to specific lodging and services and cannot be applied to other lodging and services. Future Travel Credits are not eligible for refund.